Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the Blogosphere Again

Hello again blog friends. I took a very long break from blogging - reading and posting. Here it is 2011 already and so I'm going to try to get back up in the saddle again to reconnect and get inspired by all those great blogs out there. If you remember, I posted last January on what I wanted to accomplish in 2010. The first thing was to get out from behind my computer and get to know Richmond. I got on my bicycle almost every day this past summer and fall. Found some great coffee shops on my ride.....

What an amazing row of ginkos.....Heard some great music at the Cathedral Joined the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Rode around in circles at Byrd Park... I could go on and on. I love this city now more than ever.

The second goal was to paint more. Two of my paintings were in a show at Crossroads Art Center

My paintings are in the second row from the left - the Ibis and the landscape. Thanks to Adele Castillo, my instructor, I feel like my art has improved immensely. No sales yet but it was so much fun to be a part of a group show.

My third goal was to run the Ukrop's 10K with Harry and I amazed myself that I was able to finish. I still don't love running - I'd love to know when that will kick in. Both of my parents have had triple by-passes in the last couple of years so I'm trying to get more exercise and avoid that whole heart surgery scene! We start training for the 2011 race next week.


The fourth goal was to start the research for our master bath project. Research, unfortunately, is all that did happen. More on that later.

Richmond really does feel like home now. We've made some wonderful new friends and have shared some great times together.

Now that Richmond is feeling like home, Harry has accepted a job back up in Northern Virginia. We're not sure what to do about Haven so for now we're going to rent an apartment and drive back and forth.

I hope to post about trying to live in two cities at the same time on this blog in the next year. I can't make any lists for 2011 right now except that I'm going to try to reconnect with my old blog friends and make some new ones.

Happy 2011.

6 comments:

  1. Well at last missy! I thought you were never going to get back in the saddle. New year, new ventures, so I hope to see at least a new post once a week (unlike me!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see that you are back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad to see you back at the blog!

    I do hope you keep your Haven. You have put so much love into it -- not to mention work.

    My brother and his wife have bought a house in Williamsburg, but are keeping their little Richmond apartment in a historic district -- just where escapes me! They love being able to take advantage of Richmond's cultural offerings -- while walking!

    I laughed out loud at your description of the concert, and all the "gray heads" there. Yes . . . as Walt Kelly wrote in Pogo years ago, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

    Happy New Year!
    Loved the salvage yard post, too -- I also can't watch Hoarders without getting an urge to purge!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you back!! Been meaning to see if the two of us could get together ... with all of our shared interests, it would be fun. There's a great place for lunch in Ashland. Waddya think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete