Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Take Back Your Bed

I was at the Washington Design Center yesterday in the Hines showroom and saw this photo which cracked me up. This mismatched pair reminded me of my two canine friends, a standard Poodle, Lion, and our welsh terrier, Harvey.

The ad is for Perennials Fabrics, a wonderful line of outdoor fabrics which we use for a lot of our client's who have pets and especially for places where fabrics can fade as they are resistant to UV damage. They have an amazing selection of colors and textures that one used to never be able to get in an outdoor fabric. Perennials also sells pet beds - you may want to invest in one if your pet will use it!!

I think it is too late to reclaim my bed. Actually, I like having them there. Harry would disagree. A recent Washington Post interview with a dog trainer stated that a dog in bed is "a sign the dog is completely in charge. Get the dog off your bed. It can make a bigger difference than anyone can imagine." Ahh, is that where I went wrong? I would love to have this wallpaper from Osborne and Little somewhere at Haven - again, Harry would probably have a problem with it.


This family not only reclaimed their bed, they stuck it outside. Poor Scotty - you can come live at my house.

You know these two are just posing for the camera - as soon as the photographer left they jumped up on that bed.

For your viewing pleasure on this cold and rainy day here are some shots of others in the same boat (bed).

6 comments:

  1. I made a mental note of that dog fabric a while ago. If we ever have children, that pattern will be in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dogs have no need to sleep in my bed, because their beds are heated. Some days, I want to crawl into bed with THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have 5 cats in bed with me. It takes me over an hour to straighten my body out when I wake up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guilty of a little footwarmer at the edge of the bed.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love that wallpaper in a powder room. With pink. Bright pink.

    We always had multiple dogs but now have only one, and in his elder years he has decided he would rather sleep on his Wally Bed or in front of the refrigerator than with us. It took me weeks to get used to this, and I felt somewhat hurt.

    Although a human-sized Wally Bed might get me off my bed, too.

    We once showed a friend's dog at a dog show in Williamsburg; this Cavalier was the highest-ranked female in the USA, so I was very nervous and couldn't sleep at the hotel . . . probably because the only place the dog would sleep was on my HEAD. I felt like Davy Crockett.

    Thanks for enjoying my weird shots. I love the odd. My first picture collage was of the house's doorknobs. Yes, a bit odd. But I figure if I enjoy the quirks of an old house -- and you know they are many -- that others might, too.

    All the best, Cass
    PS Love that outdoor fabric ... now that it has such a soft hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful photos. i love dogs - in pictures mostly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete