Sunday, January 23, 2011

Next Door's Project - Part 2




Remember that photo from the previous posting on my neighbor's bath remodel showing the trim and the paint color? http://havenonhanover.blogspot.com/2011/01/here-comes-decorator.html Did you notice that it was kind of dark? Well, that's because the painter decided that the bad track light had to come down so he could paint the ceiling. He said he was going to go get a work light but guess what, he never did. So, the painter and his assistant worked in the dark.

Today, the electrician showed up to hang the chandelier and guess what? The light shone on the shoddiest paint job in all of the years that I've known what a paint brush is. No one patched, sanded or skimmed. The contractor said "well, they were working in the dark, you know." How do you respond to that? So, today the painters are back. I would have fired their little arses but I'm not the contractor and for that I'm thankful. I feel awful for the homeowners who are being taken advantage of. I told them not to let them touch a brush to the wall paint until the walls and ceiling have been inspected. I have a feeling this isn't going to go well.

Update: the walls and trim look much better but now the homeowners don't like how the room has been laid out. The tub and toilet are practically kissing so, guess what? The plumbing is being redone so that the toilet and radiator swap homes. Up comes the tiled floor. It is difficult to know what to say. No drawings were done, the contractor just assumed that the original plumbing placements would be okay. I wanted to cry. So do the homeowners. Where were the plans? Where was the tape measure?

I think we could star in an episode of Holmes on Homes.

P.S. No building permits in site.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the same general contractor and painting crew that did my house. I see red when if I look too closely at the walls. Really infuriating.

    How do these contractor people get away with this sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have hired me!!! Sorry for your and Mary's woes but you have had worse! Call...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing home improvement idea's with home improvement post with us. Painting Contractors Atlanta

    ReplyDelete